Cheese! - Nothing to See Here — LiveJournal
Dec. 21st, 2006
07:23 pm - Cheese!
While in town earlier today, we were on South Anne Street, and I suddenly realised that we must drop in to Sheridan's! We got to try lots of different cheeses while deciding what to buy. Of all the cheeses we tried, we bought 5:
- Le Rustique (camembert):
- Extremely creamy, rich and smooth. It's like a mature, wonderful brie, but better.
- Blue D'Auvergne:
- A medium-strong blue cheese, not very soft but not a hard cheese. Definitely salty. Very strong veins and large air bubbles. Quite creamy. Very good.
- Gorgonzola Cremoso:
- This gorgonzola is really very soft indeed. Creamy and very subtle/mild blue cheese flavour. No harshness. Very tasty.
- Apparently it's a cows' milk cheese from high up in the Swiss alps, and seemingly they only get it in this time of year. It'a rich, fruity, mature and very tasty.
- An Irish goats' milk cheese, Clonmore is unusual (as far as my experience goes) in goats' milk cheeses in that it is neither a soft cheese nor crumbly. It is about the firmness of a young gruyere or cheddar, but is clearly goat cheese ... without any of the sharpness one often comes across in goat cheeses..
Current Location: Dublin, Ireland
Current Mood: exhausted